Canon has been a good name in the photography and printing markets. The most common lines are PIXMA and image Class, which provide a diverse range of printers to suit the needs of both consumers and companies. They make inkjet and laser printers in color and monochrome and a variety of budget options. Canon PIXMA IX6820 is typically the go-to choice for casual and professional photo printing due to their photography expertise. Here is my honest Canon PIXMA IX6820 Review
- Can print 13×19 inches
- WiFi Connectivity
- Cloud, AirPrint supported
- No LCD Screen
Canon continues to be one of the top brands of printers and the Canon PIXMA iX6820 is a great example of why. This wireless printer has great features, perfect for both home and office use.
CHECK OUT – Canon Pixma IX6820 Driver Download
Features of Canon Pixma ix6820
- Printing size: This printer can print up to 13″ x 19″ paper in A3+ size.
- View: It has a gruesome print quality. The paper dry’s the moment it drops from the printer. The printer doesn’t smudge or taint the ink. It holds the color better than it was earlier.
- Print Resolution: The printer can handle resolution up to 9600/2400 dpi and it contains in its stock five ink cartages.
- Connectivity: The printer has the accessibility of about 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Connectivity.
- Paper processing: The Canon pixmaiX6820 has a 150-sheet self-propelled feeder. The power to print at 14.5 black pages per minute and 10.4 color pages per minute allows to abandon it without worrying about constantly refilling the paper. This printer is also fitted with a 5-color ink system, ensuring that your images have excellent color reproduction.
- Electric Consumption: When the printer is not in operation, it turns on and off automatically to save electricity and ensure compliance with the PIXMA Printing Solutions smartphone app.
WHAT WE LIKED
- The printer is inexpensive for an A3 printing size. The best part is that you can print to 13 by 19 inches on both tabloid and super tabloid stock.
- I’m able to connect my wireless network to my Bell router using the WPS button. The iX6820 has Wi-Fi connectivity, which gives it an edge over the Epson WF-7010.
- It also has some mobile printing options, such as printing from the cloud, AirPrint support, and printing via Wi-Fi from Android and iOS phones and tablets from Canon’s open-source software.
WHAT WE DIDN’T LIKE
- Wireless connectivity, in particular, seems to be an issue. If one wants to go through a wireless connection on this printer, there are potentially 12 screens to go through. There are 68 pages of manual portfolio which is purely written in concern to wireless network process.
- It is not a duplex printer to print on both sides. We need to go through a manual process.
- Besides, the printer fails to have an LCD screen, making the initial configuration a bit challenging.
- The printer is surprisingly sluggish to print. If you choose the wrong paper size, it probably would spill it out and show you an error code.
- Despite the manufacturer’s claims that this printer is compliant with Mac OS, the users still face the problem when tried.
The Canon PIXMA iX6820 is a great photo printer that can be used daily.
This printer is ideal for both families and students due to its large input tray that can handle various paper sizes, low cost-per-print, and excellent picture printing quality.
Its large frame size can be challenging to fit on a standard home or office desk.
A main drawback to the printer is that it is unable to connect external storage devices directly to it. Examples of this are USB thumb drives and SD cards.