The Canon PIXMA PRO 100 is the entrance-level product in Canon’s high defensive line of professional photo printers. Although it isn’t the most expensive, it offers features that will cater to both professionals and amateurs, making it one of our top-rated photo printers.
The newest member of Canon’s advanced picture inkjet series can still produce gallery-quality prints up to 13 by 19 inches. It’s a decent choice for a beginner photographer who wants to take their hobbies more seriously.
Check out – Canon PIXMA PRO 100 Driver Download
- Can Print images up to A3+
- Dye-based inks
- 8-Ink Tanks
- 2-Paper Trays
- No Preview and Controller Display
- Huge and Heavy
- No Scanner
CANON PIXMA PRO 100
- 8-Colour Tank
- Capacity to Print CDs
- WiFi, USB etc connectivity
- Print Quality and Speed
TOP FEATURES OF PIXMA PRO 100
- Eight different colour ink tanks :- The Canon PIXMA Pro 100 has eight different colour dye ink tanks with ChromaLife 100+ technology system. The Canon Company claims that these Vibrant, glossy portrait prints by this printer can last a 200-year shelf life when stored properly.
- It comes with two trays: The PIXMA Pro 100 does come with two trays. One is for the vast bulk of the media you will use and the other one is a single sheet tray for heavy media.
- Capacity to print CDs: This printer comes with a different feature of printing the CDs. All you need is special CDs or DVDs coated for inkjet printing. There is a separate CD holder that comes with the printer. The holder is inserted into a front slot on the machine’s left side. To set up and print discs, Canon’s My Image Garden app is needed.
- Connectivity options available: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and USB networking are all available. With this Wi-Fi wireless connectivity option, you can print through your phone, laptop/PC, etc.
- Print quality and speed: The PIXMA Pro 100 will print images up to A3+, or 13′′x19′′, in size. On a 13′′x19′′ A3+ print, the highest print quality supported by this printer is 4800px x 2400px, which equates to around 250dpi.
- Many other printers in this price range are unable to print on such a vast scale. A 4×6 print takes 1 minute and 17 seconds to print and 8×10 prints take 2 minutes and 2 seconds.
WHAT WE LIKED
- This Canon PIXMA Pro 100 can print images up to 13′′x19′′ (A3+). This printer’s highest print quality is 4800px x 2400px, which translates to around 250dpi on a 13′′x19′′ A3+ print. It’s nice to see that this printer can print without a borderline, so the print doesn’t have a white border around the edges.
- Dye-based inks are used in the Pixma Pro 100. Dye-based inks claim to have marginally better color depth than pigment-based inks in most printers.
- There are eight ink tanks with PRO-100 for dye-based inks, with black, yellow, light gray, magenta, photo magenta, cyan, and photo cyan.
- There are two paper trays on this printer. There is one for fine art and shiny picture sheets, and in the front, there is one for thicker media. It’s also possible to print to printable CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
WHAT WE DIDN’T LIKE
- The preview display is not available in this printer and for controls, there are just two big buttons available with it one is for power and the other for paper feed. Also, for the turning on and off Wi-Fi service, there is a small button.
- This printer is huge in size and also a heavyweight too.
- Canon PIXMA Pro 100 is strictly a printer that does not come with a scanner.
The Canon PIXMA PRO 100 created excellent prints, as one might expect from a large-format picture printer of this caliber. The printer’s resolution of 4800 x 2400 is perfect for printing images.
If you’re about to start printing high-quality prints in sizes that can be framed and hung on a wall, the Canon PIXMA Pro-100 inkjet printer is an excellent option. The Canon PIXMA PRO 100 will print on glossy, semi-gloss, semi-matte, luster, and matte picture and fine-art paper in various finishes.
It prints borderless on paper up to 13 inches wide and 19 inches tall, much like most large-format picture printers. A separate disc tray also allows you to print labels on CDs and DVDs. With high picture printers, speed comes second to performance.
Aside from not being able to scan or copy, the Canon PIXMA Pro-100 is unique among all-in-one printers in that it lacks an LCD screen by which to make adjustments right to the printer.
It also lacks a memory card port. In reality, there are just a few buttons on the front side of this printer model, so you’ll have to use a computer to power it. Nonetheless, the Pro-100’s lack of multiple buttons makes it difficult to use.
The best part is that this Wi-Fi has a range of 600 yards. This small printer can go a long way for those with big offices or several floors. The above dramatically reduces printers per floor, resulting in lower out-of-pocket costs.
Its pictures have minor print quality problems as well, but the results are nevertheless gallery-worthy. Overall, the Canon PIXMA PRO 100 is an excellent photo printer and an excellent option for those looking to print professional-quality images at home.