- 1 Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY App for Android
- 2 Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY App for iOS
- 2.1 Wireless connection with Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY App on iOS device
- 2.2 Wireless connection with Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY App on Android device
- 2.3 Method to change your printer’s name on iOS and Android device
- 2.3.1 For iOS:
- 2.3.2 For Android :
- 2.3.3 Easy steps to print photos with the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY App
- 18.104.22.168 FINAL
- 22.214.171.124 Following these detailed and easy steps on initiation and setting up of your printer, you can connect the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app with your printer; whether you have an iOS or Android device, you can print, scan various documents as well as photos instantly with great quality without any interruptions using the app and the printer.
Canon Print inkjet/Selphy app enables you to print from anywhere at your home and office wirelessly. Connect your printer to your Android or iOS-powered device and enjoy smooth printing. You can also share the Wifi printer among multiple devices in your home or office. You can make printing from smartphones and tablets easier with the Canon print app and Canon printers that support Android print plugins and Apple AirPrint.
Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY App for Android
It is available only for those devices which have an ARM processor.
Its key features include photo printing with a photo trimmer, document printing like PDF files, Microsoft Office documents printing, easy web page printing from ‘Share’, and seamless scanning and saving photos and documents in JPEG or PDF.
It also has cloud features where you can print photos and documents from social media and storage sites.
Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY App for iOS
It is the print and scans app for PIXMA, MAXIFY, and SELPHY from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. The key features are photo printing with a photo trimming feature.
You can print up to 20 photos at a time for printing PDFs and Microsoft documents, scan and save pictures and documents, and use the cloud for printing data on SNS, storage services and various crafts on Creative Park with the PIXMA cloud link. Copy setting is also. This app is available for your iPad/iPhone/iPod touch.
Wireless connection with Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY App on iOS device
Now let’s learn how to set up a printer on a wireless LAN connection using the Canon PRINT app on an iOS device. The free app enables iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch users to enjoy a variety of PIXMA, MAXIFY, and SELPHY print capabilities.
It allows you to set up a wireless capable printer through a cable-less setup. Use the below-mentioned steps to do so.
- From the Apple store, download the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app.
- Now set your printer into cable-less setup mode.
- After initiating the Easy Wireless Connect on your printer, open the Canon PRINT app.
- When asked to access the location, tap on allow while using the app.
- Now tap on the search for available printers.
- A message appears; click ‘OK’.
- The printer starts to search and after some time, ‘Printer cannot be found’ appears; click ‘OK’.
- Next, you’ll be asked to join the printer’s Wifi, click ‘Join’.
- You’ll see a list of available networks, click on your network.
- Enter the password, if your network has one, click ‘OK’.
- The password is then sent to your printer.
- Then a message pops on the screen as ‘Settings information has been sent‘. then tap ‘OK’.
- Then the Register printer screen appears, tap on your printer.
- Next, click close.
- After that, select pictures to print.
- The images stored on your device should show up, you can select up to 20 images, once done, click on ‘Add’.
- Then on the ‘Photo Location’ screen, tap ‘Next’.
- Tap on ‘Print settings’ and make changes according to your need, then tap ‘Print’.
Wireless connection with Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY App on Android device
Setting a wireless connection to print from your Android device is super easy with the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app. To start an easy wireless connection on your printer, follow these steps.
- First, select your printer model.
- Next, start the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app after downloading it from the Google play store.
- Tap on Agree to continue when the License Agreement comes on the screen.
- Allow access while using the app when asked for location and the device’s media.
- Then search for available printers. Now it’ll direct you to connect your printer to Wifi. Tap on connect to do so.
- A message will pop up saying that your printer will be connected to the network. Tap on ‘Yes’ after confirming the network is yours.
- Then enter the password for your wireless network.
- Then the app will send your setting information to your printer. Click on ‘OK’.
- Tap on your printer’s name when the ‘Register Printer’ message appears on the screen.
- Tap on ‘Close’.
- Now, the wireless connection is made successfully.
- Now select images and start printing or click X to exit.
Method to change your printer’s name on iOS and Android device
After registering with the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app, you can change the printer’s name. Follow the steps to do so.
- From the Canon PRINT app, tap on the ‘Printer’ icon at the bottom.
- Then click on Add/Switch.
- Then press and hold the name of your registered printer.
- Then enter the name you would like to change it to and then tap on ‘OK’.
- Then tap ‘BACK’, then ‘X’ on the upper right.
- At last, you will see the printer appear with the name you just saved.
For Android :
- Tap on the printer’s icon on the main screen.
- Then click on the ‘Add/Switch’ icon.
- Press and hold the printer name and when the keyboard appears, enter the name of the printer you want to change it to.
- Then click on ‘OK’.
- Now, return to the main screen of the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app and you’ll see the name of the printer you entered.
Easy steps to print photos with the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY App
- First, load the photo paper into the printer.
- Now, start the app.
- Click on Photo print. Select the images you would like to print.
- Tap on Next, then specify your printing settings and finally click on print.