Canon Printer MG6820 uses ink cartridges that come in four to six colors. There is a small microchip inside the cartridges which has to be reset while refilling. I’ll be explaining you about Canon printer MG6820 Ink refilling procedure.
Refilling your printers is a good way to save money. However, there are certain things you need to watch out for when you are refilling your canon printers. Depending on the model and type of refill kit you are using, you need to make sure you follow certain instructions. I will show you how to refill your canon printer with ease while not breaking anything.
The chip reset device is available online. PGI -270 and CLI- 271 are used for black, cyan, magenta, and yellow ink cartridges respectively. PGI – 270 XL and CLI- 271XL are also suitable as high-yield cartridges.
Refilling ink can be a little messy if not done properly as it might spill over the surface.
Things required for Canon Printer MG6820 Ink Refilling
- Ink refill kit
- Chip reset the device
- Rags or newspaper
- Plastic cartridge cap
- Rubber bands
- Cardboard (optional)
- Small screw (optional)
- Lighter (optional)
- Pliers (optional)
- Small syringe (optional)
Procedure to refill the ink properly in Canon MG6820
- The stopper of the Empty cartridge should be removed.
- Now remove the round plastic stopper from where the ink is injected, remove the label also from the top of the empty cartridge.
- Place the Orange Cartridge Cap
- The orange plastic cartridge cap can be placed on the bottom of the cartridge and secured with rubber bands. While purchasing the plastic cap which came along with the cartridge. In case you’ve thrown it away or are lost, a piece of cardboard can also be used instead. This keeps ink from leaking out of the bottom at the time of refilling.
- Now make a big hole at the top of the Cartridge
- You can drill a small hole in the plastic lid on top of the cartridge using the magnification tool that came with the kit. If there is no awl or magnifier, heat a small screw with a loader and screw it to the stop. With the help of the claws, remove the screw which will enable the lid to pull out
- Now the ink can be filled in the syringe
- Take the guidelines to fill the syringe from the instruction manual available in the kit. Some kits include a pre-filled syringe also.
- After that cartridge can be filled with the help of a syringe.
- Now ink can be refilled into the cartridge with the help of a refill syringe from the hole which was enlarged or created
- The Excess Ink will get drip off while refilling
- Let the excess ink come out by removing the plastic cover from the bottom of the cartridge
- Again put the plastic stopper
- After that cover the syringe lid with the plastic lid. Remove the plunger from the syringe and place the small plastic end in the hole above the cartridge. Pull the plunger into the small plastic end, making sure the plastic stays in the cartridge hole.
- Now activate the Chip Reset to the device after installing the cartridge
16. Place the cartridge into the chip reset device and allow it to flash or beep, In this way the cartridges get installed and ready to use.
Hi, I’m Mukesh and I’m an SEO expert and blogger passionate about gadgets, software, and the digital world. I’m constantly reviewing the latest tech trends and optimizing websites to get them ranking higher on search engines. I share my insights with my followers in a simple yet informative way so they too can become tech-savvy experts. Take advantage of my expertise – follow me and get tips on gadgets, software, SEO best practices, online marketing strategies and more!
3 thoughts on “Canon Printer MG6820 Ink Refilling 2022”
Thawnks forr shzring your thoufhts about waohfd. Regards